NVidia released a new line of cards known as the Ampere series. These cards have improved CUDA performance. With SAFR we have seen about a 20 to 30% improvement in feeds processed with this new lines of cards.
- RTX 3000 Series cards
- These cards offer about a 30% improvement over previous generation 2000 series cards. These are consumer class card sand are not authorized by Nvidia for use in a data center. Further, they are quite power hungry and take up double wide full length slots.
- Really good for decoding. A16 has 4 GPUs in one card. Double width. 250W.
- Our App will see 4 independent GPUs, each with 16 GB mem
- A10 uses 150W of power
- A2 only uses 60 W of power and like the T4 gets power from PCI buss (thus takes advantage of redundant power supplies)
- All other A-series cards requires power off power supply so if power supply fails the card goes out.
- A10 is similar to T4. Same form factor. 60W. Slightly lower than T4 for some workloads. Equiv of better for video