When you first sign into SAFR Server on a machine, a license for that machine is obtained from the SAFR Licensing Portal and is locked to that machine. That license can no longer be used on another machine unless you work with SAFR support team. Further, you cannot sign into a different account on that machine unless you full uninstall SAFR on that machine and re-install.
Note: Even if you uninstall, the license is still locked to thet machine and can only be moved to another machine with help from SAFR support team.
If you are migrating from one SAFR Account to another, you can migrate identities and events in one of two ways
- Export / Import
- Person Records: Before uninstalling, export person records from the People Window using SIIF format. Then after re-installing and signing into the new account, import the
- Events: You can export events from the Events window but no mechanism is provided to import those events. If event history are needed after re-installing, contact a SAFR Sales Engineer who can provide python script to export and import events.
- Identity and Event Sync
- This process requires a 2nd instance of SAFR to temporarily store identities and events. You can request SAFR Cloud account trial license for this purpose from your SAFR Sales Engineer.
- Before uninstalling, use SAFR's "Identity syncronization" and "Event archiving" features to push identities and events to a 2nd SAFR Instance
- After re-installing, use the same feature to push the identities and events back to the newly installed SAFR instance.
Make sure to log off of all clients before reinstalling SAFR. This is because If any client attemps to log in with old credentials to the newly installed SAFR Server before the signing in with the new account, then SAFR Server will again be locked to old account. If this happens ensure all clients are shut down and perform the process again.