This page describes how to save and restore all your VIRGO video feeds as well as all your VIRGO settings, both global and per-feed settings. This can be useful for following reasons:
- Backup in case settings are corrupted
- Editing settings in text file in bulk
To save your VIRGO feeds and settings, do the following:
- If you did a cloud deployment:
- Go to the [SAFR Download Portal](https://safr.real.com/developers).
- Go to the "Developers" tab.
- Scroll to **SAFR Web API Reference** and click on **Events Service (CVEV) API**.
- If you did an on-premise deployment:
- Go to http://<ip_of_server>:8084/docs/index.html
3. Click **Authorize** and enter your user and password in this format: <username>:<password>
* Be sure to be careful when entering your credentials; you'll get a 401 error when submitting API calls if you mistype your credentials.
4. Click the **Authorize** button and then close.
5. Expand the "Get /config/worker" API.
6. Click the **Try it out** button.
7. Click **Execute**.
8. The VIRGO settings will be printed in the response body. Click **Download** to get the JSON file.
You can edit this file. If you do edit it, you may want to check its syntax after editing with an online JSON editor.
To restore a set of previously saved VIRGO feeds and settings, do the following:
1. Perform steps 1-4 from the *Save Settings* section above.
2. Expand the "PUT /config/worker" API.
3. Click the **Try it out** button.
4. Paste in the previously saved VIRGO settings.
5. Click **Execute**.
6. You'll get a 200 response.