The SAFR mobile app acts as the “eyes” for the SAFR system, turning mobile devices into either registration kiosks or facial recognition devices.
- SAFR Registration Kiosks are mobile devices (tablets) that enable users to self-register their faces in the SAFR system. After a face is registered, you can require an administrator to approve the registration before any SAFR Actions are taken (such as unlocking doors).
- SAFR facial recognition devices are simply mobile devices used to scan and identify faces, but do not register faces into the SAFR system.
- iPad Pro is recommended for best performance
- iPhone6/7/8/10 or iPod touch 6th generation can be used, but the experience will be cumbersome due to limited screen space
Note: Prior to configuring your first mobile device, the SAFR Platform must be installed and configured with a proper DNS hostname and SSL certificates installed.
From the App Store, download and then install the SAFR application to your mobile device.
- Make sure iPad is on the same network as computer on which you downloaded SAFR Platform and that it has access to the Internet.
- Tap the mode selector at the top center of the screen and select "Registration Kiosk."
- On the mobile device, press the Home button on the device three times rapidly to active Guided Access Mode. Guided access mode disables the home button and prevents operating system notifications from disrupting the SAFR application, so it can run without interruption.
Tip: Make sure you do not accidentally exit the application when you press the Home button. If this happens, re-activate the application by tapping on SAFR application icon.
- When prompted to enter Guided Access, enter the code you wish to use that will allow you to exit guided access. Make sure to record the code.
- Once you are in guided access, all buttons will disappear from the screen.
You can exit Guided Access by rapidly pressing the home button three times and entering the code.