Before you begin, make sure of the following
- The SAFR platform has been successfully installed and configured with a proper DNS hostname and the correct SSL certificates.
- The computer where you are installing the SAFR desktop app is on the same network as the computer on which you downloaded SAFR Platform.
- The computer where you are installing the SAFR desktop app has access to the Internet and at least one camera connected to it.
- Mac Book (2014 or later models)
- MacOS 10.12 or later.
SAFR Remote Admin Console allows you to administer enrolled individuals, view event archives and check the status of connected video cameras from a laptop or computer other than where SAFR Platform is hosted.
- On the computer where you wish to install SAFR desktop app, open a web browser and go to safr.com/download.
- Sign-in with your SAFR user ID and password you created when you signed up for the SAFR service.
- Click the SAFR Application button to download the SAFR.pkg file.
- Open SAFR.pkg.
- Follow the installer. It will guide you through the rest of the process.
- After installation is complete, the SAFR application will open.
Normally, after starting the SAFR desktop App you should see the video feed from the camera connected to the system.
- From the SAFR application file menu, click File > New.
Note: If the New menu is disabled, then no cameras are being detected. You must connect a camera before you can complete the set-up.
- In the Sign-in box, type your SAFR account ID and password. This should be the same account you created when you first signed up for SAFR.
The SAFR application will briefly contact SAFR Cloud to validate your sign-in and redirect your SAFR application to the machine hosting your SAFR Platform (your SAFR Platform master host).
- After the initialization has completed, you should see a face in a purple or green frame in the camera view.
Your SAFR application should now be connected to your SAFR platform.
Note that to connect your SAFR Platform to the SAFR desktop app, the machine hosting the SAFR Platform (i.e. the SAFR master host) must be available and connected, and its SLL certificates must be valid. Make sure your SAFR platform is available on your network and SSL certificates are properly configured before retrying.
See Installing and configuring the SAFR platform for information on configuring the SSL and certificates for your SAFR Platform.